Megger MFT-X1 Multifunction Tester
The MFT-X1 introduces our first generation of platform based, user upgradeable MFTs, to add to the existing Megger MFT1700 range of multifunction testers. It has been designed and manufactured at our Dover factory in the UK, incorporating a host of new features based on years of customer input. With the MFT-X1, we now offer True Loop™, our industry leading loop impedance test with patented Confidence Meter™ technology, full CertSuite™ compatibility – to make certificate generation a breeze – high resolution loop testing, stabilised insulation voltage output, full colour screen and new operator interface are now standard. The user upgradeable operating software ensures the MFT-X1 has the ability to adapt to regulation changes and make it the perfect instrument for fast, reliable, accurate and adaptable testing.
Intended for use on all low voltage electrical installations including EV charge points and domestic photo-voltaic systems, the range of test capabilities allow for general commissioning of installations and periodic maintenance as well as detailed fault diagnostics.
- Designed for the electrical testing of single and 3-phase installations.
- Brand new features including full colour screen, RCD configurator and EV charge point testing.
- Fully compatible with CertSuite™ for easy certificate generation and reporting.
- TrueLoop™ measurement using patented confidence meter.
- Never be without power with our quick-remove battery pack and rechargeable battery option.
- True Loop™:
True Loop™ impedance testing is now a standard feature on the MFT-X1. The latest 3-wire non-trip loop testing technology, incorporated with the patented Confidence
Meter™, offers an unmatched, reliable, accurate, stable and repeatable loop test solution to the user, allowing testing in the most hostile high noise conditions or close
to the source of supply. The technology also removes the risk of RCD uplift whilst reducing typical test times – even on circuits protected by 6 mA or 10 mA protective devices.
- Patented Confidence Meter™ Technology:
All loop impedance ranges are now supported by the Megger patented Confidence Meter™ technology, reducing typical test times for non-trip loop testing to around 7 seconds on quiet circuits, and providing optimised test times for loop impedance testing in difficult noisy supplies. The Confidence Meter™ shows the progress of the loop measurement and indicates the presence of noise on the circuit, removing erroneous values to give a stable and consistent result.
- Cert Suite™ Compatabiltity:
The MFT-X1 is the first fully integrated instrument for use on the CertSuite™ software platform. Test results can be tagged in the instrument and transferred directly to any
test certificate or report open on an IOS® or Android® mobile device running the CertSuite™ App. Professional certificates and reports can be completed on-site by
multiple users with the confidence the data is protected by the cloud-based application*.
*CertSuite is available on a monthly or yearly subscription
- RCD Configurator:RCD testing can now be optimised with the RCD configurator, allowing the user to select only those elements of an RCD test required to be completed in the
auto-RCD test mode.
- EV Charge Point Testing:Suitable for both EV charger installation testing with either RCD Type B or RDC protected charge points. The MFT-X1 in conjunction with the Megger EVCA
adaptor can test all known EV chargers for installation or maintenance.
- Stabilised Insulation Test Voltage:For the first time in any multifunction tester, the MFT-X1 incorporates a stabilised insulation test voltage, ensuring output voltage is accurate to within +2% +2 digits. This
compares to the industry standard of +20% and so provides a more accurate test voltage without the risk of over-voltage damage to circuits or sensitive components.
- Current Measurement:The MFT-X1 uses current clamps for current measurement using the optional Megger MCC1010 current clamp for measurement of AC currents from 1 mA to 1000 A.
- Operating System Upgrades:A user upgradable operating system – using a standard microSD card – helps future-proofing the MFT-X1 against changing regulations or testing requirements.
- Display & User Interface:The user interface utilises the flexibility of the high contrast 480 x 272 colour, TFT bonded display, with a monochrome black on white mode designed specifically
for use in difficult lighting conditions. Enhancing the colour coded test selection rotary dial, range selection is now replicated on the instrument screen, ensuring easy use in poor lighting environments. Hot keys for second level functions are clearly shown across the top of each screen and the second control dial provides users with a further quick selection option of any highlighted feature, even if wearing protective gloves. Relevant information is clearly shown on the display, both before and after each test, in full colour, and includes the Confidence Meter™ progress bar, RCD ramp test progress as well as the insulation and continuity measurement bar graph. The new Voltage Widget, displays the L-N, L-E and N-E voltages.
- Always-On with Modula battery technology:The Megger MFT-X1 can be used with either the Megger Li-ION battery pack, or the AA NiMH or Alkaline battery technologies*. The unique battery pack solution enables
the rechargeable 4 Ahr Li-ION pack to be swapped with the AA carrier module, providing the most flexible and fastest battery change solution in the industry. A
smart fuel tank chip technology optimises battery status accuracy on the Li-ION pack.
*available after launch
- Graphical Assistance:The instrument has context help to provide graphical circuit connection guidance for each of the measurements.
- Accessories:The MFT-X1 is shipped in a rugged, weather-proof carry case offering outstanding protection and flexible storage. Also included is a complete set of test leads to meet the
wide range of connection challenges in modern electrical systems.MFT-X1 Multifunction tester.