Portable and lightweight, the Fluke 805 FC gives professional technicians all the tools they need for frontline mechanical troubleshooting, delivering consistent, repeatable, severity-scaled results.
No more guesswork and complex setup; with the Fluke 805 FC as part of your equipment, you’ll find out just how easy it is to gain reliable measurements of the vibration of machinery.
Shaped like a standard vibration pen but with a wide variety of expanded features compared to many models on the market, the Fluke 805 FC is the tool of choice for many vibration professionals across the globe.
This meter includes many different benefits, including:
- Innovative Sensor Design – minimises measurement variations caused by the angle or contact pressure
- Consistent Data Quality – results you can rely on at both high and low frequency ranges
- Severity Scale – quickly determine the danger of a potential problem with a four-level scale available for both vibration and bearing condition
- Overall Vibration Measurement from 10 to 1000Hz – for acceleration, velocity and displacement units of measurements for many different machines
- Colour-Coded Pressure System – green/red lighting system and on-screen comments let you know how much pressure needs to be applied in order to take measurements
- CrestFactor Technology – consistent, reliable bearing assessments using direct sensor tip measurements beween 4000 and 20,000Hz
- Store Your Results with On-Board Memory – store up to 3,500 measurements ready for further analysis on a PC (export easily using USB connection)
- External Accelerometer Support – measuring in difficult environments? You can use an optional accelerometer system to work remotely from the Fluke 805
- Compare Vibration Levels – use ISO-10816 to compare your results to known severity scales and store results using Fluke Connect’s Cloud technology
- Built-in Torch – see what you’re doing in the dark with a bright torchlight
- Quality Viewing Experience – large size screen with high resolution for easy access to features and for viewing measurements
- Perform Temperature Measurements – with a spot IR sensor
Fluke Connect Ready
The Fluke 805 FC is part of the Fluke Connect family of testing tools.
This technology allows you to connect your 805 FC wirelessly to a smartphone or tablet to export results, share your findings and much more.
What Can The Fluke 805 FC Be Used For?
Fluke’s 805 FC vibration meter is ideal for measuring on the following:
- Chillers (Refrigeration) – including reciprocating open motors and compressors, reciprocating hermetic motors and compressors and centrifugal hermetic and open motors
- Fans – including belt-driven fans from 1800 to 3600 RPM, belt-driven fans from 600 to 1799 RMS, general direct drive fans (direct coupled), vacuum blowers (belt or direct drive), large forced draft fans (fluid film brgs.), large induced draft fans (fluid film brgs.), shaft-mounted integral fans (extended motor shaft) and axial flow fans (belt or direct drive)
- Cooling Tower Drives – including long, holow drive shafts (motor), belt drives (motor and fan, all arrangements), direct drive (motor and fan, all arrangements)
- Centrifugal Pumps – vertical pumps (12 to 20′ height, 8 to 12′ height, 5 to 8′ height and 0 to 5′ height), horizontal centrifugal end suction pumps (direct coupled), horizontal centrifugal double suction pumps (direct coupled) and boiler feed pumps (turbine or motor driven)
- Positive Displacement Pumps – including positive displacement horizontal piston pumps (under load) and positive displacement horizontal gear pumps (under load)
- Air Compressors – including reciprocating, rotary screw, centrifugal with or without external gearbox and centrifugal with internal gear (axial measure and radial measure)
- Blowers – including lobe-type rotary blowers (belt or direct drive) and multi-stage centrifugal boilers (direct drive)
- General Gearboxes – including single stage gearboxes
- Machine Tools – including motors, gearbox inputs, gearbox outputs and spindles (roughing operations, machine finishing and critical finishing)
Fluke 805 FC Technical Specifications
Specifications Low frequency range (overall measurement) 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz High frequency range (CF measurement) 4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz Severity levels Good, satisfactory, unsatisfactory, unacceptable Vibration limit 50 g peak (100 g peak-peak) A/D converter 16-bit Signal to noise ratio 80 dB Sampling rate Low frequency: 20,000 Hz
High frequency: 80,000 Hz
Real time clock backup Coin battery Sensor Sensitivity 100 mV g ± 10% Measurement range 0.01 g to 50 g Low frequency range (overall measurement) 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz High frequency range 4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz Resolution 0.01 g Accuracy At 100 Hz ± 5% of measured value Amplitude Units Acceleration g, m/sec² Velocity in/sec, mm/sec Displacement mils, mm Infrared Thermometer (Temperature Measurement) Range -20 °C to 200 °C (-4 °F to 392 °F) Accuracy ±2 °C (4 °F) Focal length Fixed, at ~3.8 cm (1.5″) External Sensor Note: Fluke supports but does not provide external sensors Frequency range 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz Bias voltage (to supply power) 20 V dc to 22 V dc Bias current (to supply power) Maximum 5 mA Firmware External interfaces USB 2.0 (full speed) communication Data capacity Database on internal flash memory Upgrade Through USB Memory Up to 3,500 measurements Radiated Emission Electrostatic discharge: burst Standard EN 61000-4-2 Electromagnetic interference Standard EN 61000-4-3 RE Standard CISPR 11, Class A Environmental Operating temperature -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F) Storage temperature -30 °C to 80 °C (-22 °F to 176 °F) Operating humidity 10% to 95% RH (non-condensing) Operating/storage altitude Sea level to 3,048 meters (10,000 feet) IP rating IP54 Vibration limit 500g peak Drop test 1 meter General Specifications Battery type AA (2) Lithium Iron Disulfide Battery life 250 measurements Size (L x W x H) 24.1 cm x 7.1 cm x 5.8 cm
(9.5 in x 2.8 in x 2.3 in)
Weight 0.40 kg (0.89 lb) Connectors USB mini-B 7-pin, external sensor jack (SMB connector)